Our client located in El Segundo, California has a direct-hire job opportunity for an experienced high-caliber developer excited to tackle Big Data problems and transformations of structures/semi-structured and unstructured data into actionable intelligence. In this role, you will research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks around hadoop eco system such as MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase, etc Responsibilities:
• Solutions developed by the team will use Java, c#, python, XML, json, HTTP, SOAP, Hadoop, Hive, Pig and other web technologies.
• Design and implement applications to support distributed data processing using java, python, Hive/Impala and Hbase.
• Build libraries, user defined functions, and frameworks around Hadoop and equivalent technologies.
• Develop user defined functions to provide custom hbase/hive capabilities
• Code scripts to extract data/code from various internal/external sources
• Participating in the installation, configuration and administration of a single-node and multi-node Hadoop HDFS cluster
• Being part of the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Responsible for driving and shipping high quality code as part of a Scrum team, on-time.
• Responsible for large portions of the systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
• Responsible for real-time operational support of the team’s functional areas.
• Quantitatively analyze data errors/issues/problems, determine cause and initiate corrective action when necessary
• Strong working knowledge of Java programming language and SQL (several years of experience or equivalent academic studies required)
• Strong working knowledge of Hadoop
• Working knowledge of application deployment environment for both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Working knowledge of Data driven products and Data Engineering.
• Large-scale dataset analysis and system modelling
• Working knowledge of SQL Server 2012, SQL, DTS, SSIS, reporting solutions or Oracle or equivalent is preferred
• Thorough understanding of Relational and noSQL database logical and physical design concepts
• 5 or more years of hands on experience working with Business Intelligence solutions in an analytical business environment
• Excellent understanding on Data Warehousing concepts and Multi-Dimensional Data models is required
• 2+ years’ experience working on Business Intelligence tools with experience writing and tuning SQL queries in an online or offline environment.
• 2+ years’ experience building OLAP/MOLAP Data Cubes is preferred