We are seeking a high-energy commercial contracts professional with domestic and international contract and legal negotiation experience to work independently in all business functions required for the preparation of proposals, analysis, negotiation and successful performance of major contracts/awards.
This position is preferred to be located in Austin, TX but could be located at another Emerson location in the U.S. for the right candidate.Responsibilities
- Review customer contracts and terms & conditions
- Assist in negotiation to arrive at acceptable agreements implementing Emerson and Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) contracts policies
- Negotiate Purchasing/Alliance Agreements with key customers
- Work with PSS legal to prepare and review Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements (incoming, outgoing and mutual)
- Assist Purchasing with specific Subcontract Agreements
- Advise PSS Management on general and specific contracts/commercial issues
- Work with PSS management, Legal and others to develop and implement PSS Contracts Policies and Procedures throughout PSS
- Develop and maintain skill-set for advising Sales, Project Managers, Finance and others on current contracts trends
- Contribute to and implement best practices training and training information for Sales, Project Management and other functions regarding contracts/commercial issues (policies, processes, model forms and specialist and general topics)
- Reconcile customer Purchase Orders with negotiated terms and conditions and accept/acknowledge in accordance with established policies and processes
- Maintain library of agreed terms and conditions and customer purchasing agreements
- Maintain current PSS data on applicable PSS and corporate databases (e.g. purchasing agreements, agreed terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements, nuclear indemnities, etc.)
- Other tasks as required
- This position will entail working with personnel from junior to senior levels within the Emerson family of companies as well as customer companies and requires good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree + 4 years related experience; OR Master's degree + 3 years related experience
- IACCM certification or paralegal certificate preferred
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process System’s and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Process Systems and Solutions’ policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.APPLY NOW!
(You will be redirected from the Emerson careers site)