Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dieticians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:Exhibition or Specialty ChefReports to:
Chef or Food Service ManagerFLSA status:
Nonexempt Position Summary:
Produce visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards. Preparation of meals exhibition style to order for customers. Serve customers duringmeal periods.Qualifications:
- Culinary School or Hospitality certification or work equivalent.
- ServSafe certification
- 2 year providing excellent one on one customer service.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to communicate in English with customers.
- 3 years food preparation experience.
- Must be able to work quickly preparing food to order under pressure.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Maintain HACCP program requirements
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company
- Use of food cost control methods
- Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Preparation of catered food.
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Knowledge of cuisine from different cultures
- Identify new recipes for use.
Reporting to this position: NonePhysical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment