The Medical Oncology Account Executive is responsible for closing new business in the specialized testing market. MOAEs will drive key tests in specialized call points such as medical oncologists, hematology oncologists, large multi-specialty oncology practices, cancer centers, breast surgeons, surgical oncologists, gynecological oncologists and radiology. The MOAE works in close cooperation with the OAE, WHAE, PAE and HAE representatives to support the collaborative selling model. MOAEs will drive the breast tissue and molecular business (e.g.: BRCA). The MOAE is focused on molecular oncology, hereditary cancer genetic testing, liquid and solid tumor solutions and anchor tests within the Oncology Clinical Franchise. Key tests will be defined for this role.
Drive sales in assigned districts through up selling of existing accounts, new lead generation, referrals and establishing relationships with prospective customers
Target and close new specialty testing opportunities, collaborate with OAE on opportunities
Responsible for working directly with assigned Account Executives in the assigned district
Partner with and notify Hospital or Physician Representative of complex issues or when full-touch service is required
Provide immediate support for less complex issues
Provide subject matter expertise for associated specialty testing
Maintain and pursue knowledge in associated specialist testing area
Maintain a breadth of knowledge of all connectivity products (i.e. Care 360, e-orders, e-prescribe)
Prepare and present proposals and bids
Ensure compliance with company polices and government regulations
Complete all administrative tasks thoroughly and promptly
Competencies: Influence, Customer Focus, Negotiating Skills, Problem Solving, Confidence, Drive for Results
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or Life Sciences.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and general economics of business.
- 3 years of medical sales experience with focus oncology and or women's healthispreferred
- Specific knowledge of Biology, Oncology and Genetic Testing.
- Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships; strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Solid PC skill including Microsoft Software.