As a Software Engineer Lead, you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
As a Lead, you are a member of PNC's Healthcare organization within the Corporate and Institutional Banking group. You will be based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and report to an Application Systems Manager. Your responsibilities include performing critical technical activities as a lead engineer for a distributed J2EE / Oracle / WebSphere application suite.
Responsible for performing: application support, proactive monitoring of application performance and stability, application and database tuning, change and configuration management, and to drive problem resolution as a deep technical resource. Will also work closely with Software Development team members to conduct research, identify design/coding issues, and contribute to problem resolution.
¢ Develop a deep understand of the application architecture including the various key components, what they do, and how they interact with each other
¢ Understand and identify new ways to proactively monitor and tune application performance
¢ Look for opportunities to automate processes for system alerts and health-checks
¢ Develop deep expertise in the PNC Change Management process and toolset
¢ Drive, from a technical perspective, complex software releases and ensure successful deployments
¢ Work closely with other technical teams within Healthcare and across the PNC Shared Infrastructure technical teams
¢ Work closely with Healthcare Business partners in Operations, BUAT, and Product Management
¢ Provide technical recommendations to Healthcare leadership
Independently performs highly complex software research, problem resolution, and development activities. Tasks are performed across a variety of technology platforms, based upon the underlying architecture of the business systems supported.
Provides estimates and technical alternatives and feasibilities for assigned technical projects.
Works in partnership with business service partners and technology team members to assist with Level 2 Technical Support issues.
Assists Healthcare Operations and Onboarding teams with new Client issues and questions.
Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and design. Has good understanding of the business capabilities for which application is designed. Provides end user consulting and support on all information technology topics
Work with appropriate infrastructure technical teams to coordinate software and security patching on production and non-Production regions
Responsible for technology quality assurance review and audit support; may also assume responsibility for coordinating vulnerability testing and remediation
May be responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 7+ years related experience
* Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
* Expert and thorough understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* Professional experience with planning, designing, developing, and deploying production applications (multiple platforms experience preferred)
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
* Experience supporting J2EE based enterprise application system preferred
* Possess expertise and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database structures, reference architectures, and software / application development and testing techniques preferred
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience working with application core technologies including J2EE, Oracle, WebSphere, Linux, Solaris, and Windows Operating systems preferred
* Experience with monitoring and tuning tools, including Ignite, NetCool, Dynatrace, and Tealeaf a plus
* Knowledge of EDI transactions and the EDIFECs toolset a plus