CaptionCall® Communication Assistant
Imagine life without the telephone. Millions of people in the United States have trouble hearing on the phone due to hearing loss. This is a real, everyday barrier. Thanks to CaptionCall, people who are hard-of hearing are able to read what a caller is saying when they are on the phone. We need Communication Assistants to help provide this important service. We are looking for bright, efficient, and energetic individuals who learn fast and have basic computer and typing skills. Speed, accuracy, and confidentiality are vital in this position to meet our goal to provide CaptionCall users the best experience possible on the phone. As part of the CaptionCall team, you are the crucial component in the process that improves the quality of life for people who have trouble hearing on the phone.
CaptionCall®, because life is calling.
We are seeking Communication Assistants (CA’s) to caption telephone calls in our Scottsdale, AZ location. This is an entry level position with a growing, enthusiastic team. We are currently hiring for part-time and full-time positions. CaptionCall offers flexible scheduling to accommodate your lifestyle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately dictate and caption a variety of conversational topics verbatim.
- Maintain a high level of speed and accuracy of dictation.
- Maintain strict consumer confidentiality.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience and/or Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent, or call center experience.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to type 30 WPM.
- Must be able to pass entry level dictation testing.
- Possess basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Windows.
- Knowledge of English language structure and content, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly in order to effectively dictate.
- Ability to correct and edit text.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work various shift assignments as influenced by customer demand.
- Provide excellent customer service by captioning exactly what is being said without any variation.
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be a team player.