Personified has needs for a Senior Accountant in Naperville, IL
Accounting Professionals, Be Part of this Exciting Organization Today
The mission of the Senior Accountant is to provide accurate, consistent, timely and reliable financial information and analysis.
- Maintains the general ledger and trial balance.
- Prepares month-end closings, maintaining all backup and support.
- Performs month end consolidation.
- Identifies and makes suggestions on the proper GAAP accounting for transactions.
- Understands and applies all accounting policies e.g. revenue recognition.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts for all entities (having a thorough understanding of all reconciling items i.e. cash, prepaids, intangibles, accruals, etc.).
- Prepares the monthly financial statement package.
- Assists in the preparation of external reporting to investors and bank.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process improvements or automation (e.g. automated reports out of PeopleSoft).
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Collects and prepares information for U.S. and international audits.
- Assists in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process when necessary including providing back-up, answering questions, etc.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Assists in documenting the Accounting Team process flow for inclusion in the Asset Management Process.
- Provides training to members of the Accounting Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Timeliness of financial reporting “packages”
- Accuracy of financial reporting.
- Timeliness of account reconciliations.
- Detail oriented in all work performed.
Senior Accountant Job Requirements Include:
5-6 years progressive accounting experience (software industry preferred).
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Organized and detail oriented.
Public Accounting experience a plus.
FASB ASC 985-605 Software-Revenue Recognition experience desired.
Capitalized Software experience desired.
International experience a plus (Europe & India).
Microsoft Excel experience required (pivot tables a plus).
PeopleSoft experience a plus.
This is your next Opportunity…Offering Great Benefits & Competitive Salary
Submit Your Profile Now!