Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
To operate safely and reliably, process manufacturers around the world rely on automation systems, safety systems, manufacturing operations systems and expertise from Emerson's Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) division. As part of PSS, the Gulf Coast Engineering Center (GCEC) provides system independent, specialized technical and management services for the implementation of process control system projects in the refining, chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas production, food and beverage, and power industries
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Emerson's Gulf Coast Engineering Center is looking for a Senior Engineer for control system projects in the oil and gas, refining, and petro-chemical industries for our Houston, TX location. Approximately 30% travel is expected.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Develop and implement control strategies including programming of PLC’s (programmable logic controllers), operator interface design, system implementation, start-up and commissioning of systems
- Responsible for the commissioning and tuning of systems through client acceptance.
- Troubleshoot software & hardware
- Manage project needs, report project status and needs and coordinate with other project engineering and design disciplines
- Individual must be capable of interpreting P&ID and other project documentation to develop an understanding of the process control requirement
- Candidate will participate in field surveys, work with customer on defining control requirements and participate in FAT, loop check and commissioning activities.
- 7-10 years of experience in control system automation engineering in projects in the oil and gas, refining, and/or petro-chemical industries.
- Proficient in DeltaV, Honeywell PKS and/or Foxboro systems
- Experience in scope definition and execution for front end study and detail implementation
- Strong Communication skills
- Self-Motivated and innovative
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with attention to detail are essential.
- Must be willing to travel to client location
- Experience in field instrumentation specification and signal wiring design
Other Requirements, strongly preferred:
- Experience in organizing and directing work to a medium team (4-8)
- Experience in control systems modernization projects
Work Authorization The company will only employ those work are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire. Relocation Relocation benefits are not available for this position. About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process System’s and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer It is Process Systems and Solutions’ policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
APPLY NOW! (You will be redirected from the Emerson careers site into the PSS applicant tracking system and required to create a username and password)