Wells Fargo Lending Business Services is seeking a developer to work on its Web/Scheduler development team. This team provides the support and development for three areas, Lending Grid Portal, Lending Grid Scheduler, and Lending Grid Web Domains. The Web/Scheduler team is responsible for development and support of portlets, batch jobs, and underlying frameworks. The candidates should have a strong focus on Java Application Development, Web Development, RIA and Web Services as well as ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues with a focus on high quality customer experience.
• Develop and maintain Liferay Portlets for both business use and internal team use
• Develop and maintain Java batch jobs to be invoked using a Quartz Scheduler
• Demonstrated ability to apply core Java design patterns, application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications
• Participates in Systems Integration Testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
• Helps design documentation, departmental technical guidelines, checklists, software engineering best practices
• Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and helps to support project and release rollout to production
• Evaluates systems specifications, participates in continuous tuning of the supported areas for optimal performance and scalability, determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution
• Participates in design and code reviews, testing and debugging of applications
Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs. Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions. Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff. Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall systems testing. Leads the migration of applications to production. Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides. As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems. Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.