Network Engineer – CONTRACT – GRAPEVINE, TXNetwork Engineer Skills & Requirements:
• 7+ years of hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
• Intermediate level understanding and experience with routing and switching technologies.
• Intermediate level understanding and experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN, MPLS
• Intermediate level knowledge of firewall management, preferably with Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls and/or Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers.
• Intermediate level knowledge of optical platforms and protocols.
• Intermediate level understanding and experience with IPSEC VPN(s) tunnels.
• Intermediate level TCP/IP packet analysis, using Wireshark or raw packet captures using tcpdump.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
• Exhibits mature organization and time management skills.
• Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate level knowledge and exposure to firewall and (or) load balancer technologies.
• Experience with high availability environment with 99.99% SLA
• Accomplishes task with minimal supervision. Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
• Experience with Cisco’s Private VLAN technology.
• Hands-on experience (3+ years) with Citrix Load BalancersWhy Veredus?
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
- • Medical
- • Dental
- • Vision
- • 401K
- • Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
- • ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
- • Consultant Lunches and Outings
- • Consultant Web-Site
- • Name Plates
- • Care packages/Survival packs
- • Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview Want to be as prepared as possible
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.
Network Engineer – CONTRACT – GRAPEVINE, TX