VP, Oracle BI/Hyperion Solution Architect
Position Description (Summary and Essential Duties)
CIT is in the process of deploying Oracle’s leading technologies for reporting and advanced analytics, and is looking for a senior leader to support the existing footprint for financial reporting, and lead the development of a financial transformation for analytics.
This position will primarily be responsible for design, development, implementation, maintenance and tuning of Hyperion\Essbase reporting applications and tools. Responsibilities include:
1. Work with the customer and end users to define application and technical requirements; ensure that these requirements tie back to the established performance goals and that the technical direction is consistent with the long-term strategy
2. Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements; review and integrate the technical architecture requirements for the development, execution, and operations environments
3. Work with the support unit to determine how the application is supported in production, including back-ups, disaster recovery system performance, and project management
4. Obtain stakeholder buy-in for application and technical designs
5. Review application and technical architecture deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and requirement traceability
6. Own the design, build, and test of all technical architecture components/ solutions (i.e. development, execution, and operations environment solutions)
7. This position will also support maintenance, monitoring and monthly processes for existing Essbase applications.
This role will require the ability to coordinate and facilitate design sessions with key Business Users, develop design specifications and unit test plans, and manage functional administration of Hyperion components. Additional responsibilities include periodic status reporting to Management, Business and Team Leaders. The individual will also function on a team providing User support for Oracle EPM applications.
This position would be ideal for an individual who has a strong background using the Oracle EPM 220.127.116.11 tools (with heavy emphasis on Essbase and the Excel Add-in). Candidates should have a strong understanding of the overall Oracle EPM application suite, including cube design. Additional beneficial skills include familiarity with OBIEE, DRM and the PeopleSoft General Ledger application (vers 8.4).
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
The position will require the following skill set:
1. A minimum of four (4) years experience creating Hyperion Essbase applications (Version 11.x or greater).
2. Strong experience with the entire Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and advanced experience with Excel and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
3. Strong experience using the Essbase Excel Add-in tool and related API.
4. Well rounded knowledge of all of Oracle’s business intelligence products
5. Proficiency in the Essbase Administrative tools (security, calculations, load rules, etc.).
6. Experience with Oracle EPM Developer Studios
7. Experience with Data Modeling and Software Development Life Cycle.
8. Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure in coordinating multiple tasks in a work/project environment.
9. Strong communication, orginizational and interpersonal competencies along with detail-oriented and problem solving skills in the technology arena.
10. Proficient in software documentation, from Design documents to User Procedures
11. Experience with application testing including the creation of test scripts and documenting test results.
12. Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems is required
13. Experience with Python and Visual Basic Scripting is required
Experience with SQL databases and SharePoint site administration would be a plus but are not required.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with Oracle’s leading technologies, including OBIEE, Exalytics, and Endeca Information Discovery, as well as expanding Oracle Data Relationship Management (DRM) to work with Governance.
CIT is an equal opportunity employer