Saving Lives Through Innovation
It’s the mission that drives all of us towards a common goal. Capital Safety is the global leader of fall protection, confined space and rescue equipment, with a passionate commitment to quality, innovation and safety. With more patents, more engineers and more industry innovations than any other fall protection manufacturer, it’s no wonder that Capital Safety and its brands are the most recognized and trusted around the globe.
More than one million at height workers globally are protected everyday with Capital Safety equipment.
Those workers are counting on us to get it right. We’re counting on you to help us do the right things.
Under general direction, assists with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products. May conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, manufacturable, and reliable. Communicates with other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion. May provide technical leadership and assist in training less experienced engineers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal. Provides feedback to marketing concerning proposal.
• Confers with other functions to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
• Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
• Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
• Plans and develops experimental test programs.
• Plans and develops product quality assurance programs.
• Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
• Confers with other functional areas or other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
• Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
• May lead project teams involving other engineering staff.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Qualifications – Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (engineering discipline).
• Experience: Two to four years of related experience.