About G/O Digital, A Gannett Company (GCI)
Our Vision: To Transform Local Marketing
We help businesses, big & small #WinLocal. For Small and Medium Sized Businesses (SMBs), G/O Digital is a one-stop-shop for local businesses looking to connect with consumers through digital marketing. For National Brands and Agencies, we transform content into commerce. The G/O Digital premise is simple: whether you’re a big brand marketer or local business owner, we deliver a simple suite of digital marketing solutions to connect with consumers locally in a meaningful, personal way that drives measureable results.
G/O Digital, offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture in a growing division of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), an international media and marketing solutions company that reaches more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties.
More about G/O Digital
See the G/O Digital Announcement in Ad Age
Success at G/O Digital requires the following personal attributes:
• You have a passion for digital marketing, innovation & start-up culture.
• You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
• You’re a change agent: see ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
• You’re a problem solver: make things happen & work well with others to build constructive & effective relationships
• You seek initiative: volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks.
• You’re detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
• You have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
This role is based in Sacramento, CA.
Job Responsibilities: The Position
• Create, implement & execute on a Sales Territory/Account Plan to drive GDMS direct sales efforts & revenue results in an assigned local market territory
• Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis
• Develop lasting account relationships with SMB type prospects in local market territory
• Maximize cross selling opportunities within targeted existing GDMS client relationships
• Work independently from, & along-side, Gannett Affiliate (Newspaper and Broadcast) Advertising & Digital sales reps – selling jointly the GDMS Solution suite
• Work with GDMS account management and Gannett Affiliate Advertising & Digital sales reps to maintain a robust pipeline of new opportunities in Salesforce.com.
• Lead all aspects of the GDMS Solution sales effort - from initial qualification of a prospect thru the execution of contracts and hand offs upon conclusion of the sale
• Perform extensive needs assessments with prospects (acquisition), and existing customers (cross sell) to determine how GDMS can offer the best solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SMB’s marketing programs
• Deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations that highlight GDMS‘s competitive advantages and superior marketing ROI for prospects/clients
• Develop needs-based solution proposals and resolve any post-proposal challenges with initial on-boarding of new clients
• Fully understand, and effectively articulate the features, competitive advantages, and applications of GDMS’s solutions (competitive positioning) to prospects/clients
• Identify, organize and focus GDMS’s internal resources (pre-sales and post sales) that are required to affect closure of new sales opportunities
• Stay abreast of industry news, competition and consumer trends – thus, being the SMB/ Marketing resident expert
• Has earned a bachelor’s degree, or has equivalent experience
• Minimum 3-5 years sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
• Digital Sales background (i.e. paid search, social, email, mobile, and daily deals)
• Experience selling into the SMB (B2B) market
• Consultative/Solutions/ROI selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
• Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
• Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly and monthly Sales KPI’s
• Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Management and Marketing related reporting tools
• Industries: Start-Up, Technology, PR, Social Media, CPG, retail, other agency (advertising, promotion, brand, digital)
For the right candidate G/O Digital offers:
• A dynamic, entrepreneurial culture
• Competitive compensation & benefits
G/O Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.