Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dietitians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:Sous ChefReports to:
Chef or Chef ManagerFLSA status:
Work in coordination with the chef to complete all food preparation. Prepare visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serve customers during meal periods. Qualifications:
- Culinary School or Hospitality certification or work equivalent.
- 3 years providing excellent one on one customer service.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to communicate in English with customers.
- 4 years food preparation experience.
- ServSafe certification
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Maintain HACCP program requirements.
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Prepare soups and chili.
- Wash, peel cut and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Use food cost control methods.
- Assist with Inventory completion.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
Reporting to this position:
- Preparation of catered food.
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Menu Planning
- Identify new recipes for use.
None Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment