PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To supervise and coordinate delegated store functions in a manner which will ensure retail sales and related activities are performed in a professional, courteous, reliable, and results-oriented manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Supervises and coordinates assigned retail sales functions and personnel under the guidance and direction of the Store Manager. Schedules employees, and ensures coverage throughout all business hours. Answers questions from store personnel on products and procedures. Provides technical expertise. Assists with personnel matters and functions as Store Manager when needed.
• Keeps sales personnel informed of new products, local advertising, price changes and other significant information pertaining to sales activities. Ensures Sales Representatives receive adequate training on new products to explain/demonstrate such products in an effective manner. Ensures that Sales Representatives adhere to all non-negotiable selling standards as measured by the store mystery shop scores, and actively participate in Company, regional, and store sales promotions and contests.
• Ensures that required changes are made in the store showroom by making sure all displayed merchandise is properly priced and signed, stock is rearranged to promote sales, new product is effectively displayed and the showroom is consistently maintained to ensure a neat and orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas as per Company BOSS program.
• Completes all merchandising programs in a timely manner including merchandising “hot topics”, plan-o-grams, great buys, dump bins, case lots and features.
• Monitors all Company sponsored promotions and actively seeks to maximize alternate sources of revenue by ensuring service protection /extended warranty sales (SPP’s) meet or exceed Company goals; Northern credit cards sales meet or exceed Company goals; and the Service Department meets or exceeds Company goals regarding parts sales, billing of technician hours, and filing of warranty claims.
• Handles customer complaints, and assists sales personnel with problem situations. Ensures that Sales Representatives continually seek opportunities to make add-on sales.
• Prices or assists in the pricing of discontinued and surplus items, and coordinates the sale of such merchandise.
• Recommends new products and coordinates such recommendations with the Store Manager and the Purchasing Department. Provides input for Retail/Purchasing meetings. Notifies Purchasing of recurrent stock-out situations or abnormal sales trends.
• Performs the work of Sales Representatives. Demonstrates expertise in the techniques outlined in the Northern Star Sales Training Program.
• Participates in all non-commissioned events deemed necessary by the Company (sales meetings, trade shows, etc.).
• Balances all money taken in daily. Works with Store Manager to investigate discrepancies and take corrective action when necessary. Ensures that inventory at store is properly managed to meet Company inventory standards, as measured by regular cycle counts, internal audits, and physical inventories. Actively seeks to minimize shrinkage of inventory and protect the store against shoplifting and internal theft.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the Northern Retail Operations Manual. Satisfactorily completes the Northern Star Management Training Program.
• Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and “team” approach.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.