The System Administrator supports and maintains server operating systems, server backups, disaster recovery plans, physical servers, virtual servers, storage technologies, virtualization technologies, and data center hardware in the Liebert North American’s Dearborn Data Center and remote data closets and server rooms.
1) Provide 24x7 hardware and operating systems support for all Windows and UNIX servers located in Liebert North America. Maintain standard configurations and follow industry best practices.
2) Manage, monitor, and test server backups for all physical and virtual servers.
3) Develop and test disaster recovery plans for services hosted in the Liebert North America Dearborn Data Center and remote data closets and server rooms.
4) Assist Emerson Global Data Center staff on testing backup and disaster recovery procedures for hosted services.
5) Monitor capacity and performance of all Liebert North American servers and storage to ensure service levels are met or exceeded.
6) Standardize configuration of Liebert North America’s servers and storage technologies.
7) Manage and support virtualization technologies. Ensure optimal performance and configuration.
8) Maintain compliance with Emerson security standards by applying patches, security updates, and firmware updates.
9) Participate in data center projects as assigned. Strive to complete projects on time and within established budget parameters.
1) Standardization and Best Practices.
2) Participates on Liebert and Corporate Technical Working Groups as needed.
3) Ensure servers are compliant with Emerson security standards.
4) Proactively seek continuous improvement.
5) Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Manager of IT Data Center Services.
The System Administrator will work directly with other technical experts to ensure optimal performance and configuration for all hosted services. This person in this position must work well with peers and Corporate IT staff.
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Some travel may be required to support various IT projects and initiatives.
1) An in-depth knowledge of systems components and their respective capabilities including Windows Operating System, Active Directory, Group Policy, Linux, Virtualization Technologies, Backup Technologies, Terminal Services, Database, Web Servers, SAN technology, Blade Technology, Networking, Clustering, Load Balancing, Remote Monitoring, and Disaster Recovery.
2) Excellent analytical and problem solving capability.
3) Strong written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to lead the collaborative process of analyzing requirements, designing solutions, and implementing the final plan.
4) Must be able to interact with customers, peers, and all levels of division, department, and system management to resolve issues and complete project objectives.
1) 5-10 years of experience supporting server and storage technologies
2) Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
3) Microsoft technical certification desired
4) VMware technical certification desired
The Systems Administrator must ensure data center services meet the service delivery expectations of the Liebert North America business. Assigned projects must be completed on time and within established budget parameters. Standardization, consolidation and automation must be considered for all components of data center services.