DST is hiring a Big Data Platform Architect in KC MO.
DST has petabytes of data to be used in the creation of predictive analytics and needs Data Platform Engineers to ensure that data and insights move in and out of the analytic stack reliably and efficiently. These individuals will support Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists by implementing analytic and sampling jobs in MapReduce and will build new products by building large scale ETL processes and high performance service- and message-oriented architectures.The ideal candidate will have:
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience working with traditional database technologies, including:§ SQL§ ETL processes and tools (Perl is an acceptable ETL tool)§ ER modeling§ Dimensional modeling
• At least one year working with Hadoop or a similar MapReduce implementation
• Must possess strong ability in writing highly concurrent, object-oriented programs in Java
• Familiarity with message brokers such as ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ and transactional NoSQL/document-oriented data stores such as Redis and MongoDB
• A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience in both Agile and traditional software development environments
• Deep passion for building great software
• A proven track record designing and implementing new software solutions in a greenfield situation that perform at scale EEO Statement
Equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.