As a Risk Manager II, you will be a member of PNC's Operational Risk Management organization. This position will be responsible for leading assigned risk officers to independently challenge the Retail Line of Business in managing operational risk. In addition, this position will be responsible for leading the risk officers to carry out the department's operational program in compliance with AMA. Specifically, this role ensures that key framework elements such as risk control self-assessments (RCSA's), internal/external loss event analysis, key risk indicators (KRI's), and scenario analysis are consistently executed; reviews and challenges business self-assessment results (for new initiatives and business as usual activities) and conducts independent analysis to identify trends or concerns; and ensures transparency to key risk issues and participates in risk reporting and business governance and committee processes. The position will need to demonstrate strong leadership and excellent communication skills to work with all levels of management within the organization.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* 10+ years of experience in Financial Services with at least 5 years in either risk management, treasury function, M&A, strategic planning, audit, compliance, or regulatory relations.
* Graduate degree or 13+ years of experience in lieu of advanced degree is required.
* Strategic understanding of business and the ability to achieve alignment on tactical issues and results.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Critical and perceptive judgment.
* Extensive understanding of risk and impact on organization.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and planning skills. Communicate across all levels of the organization.
* Fosters collaborative interaction with auditors and examiners.
* Organizational leadership and management.