Emerson Network Power is currently seeking an Electrical Project Engineer for its Thermal Management business in Columbus, OH.
This position is responsible for leading the electrical portion of technical development projects. This role will be part of a global team of individuals who are working to develop the next generation of data center cooling products which is a strong global growth opportunity and expands our customer value proposition in developing world class efficient and reliable cooling solutions. The Project Engineer will evaluate requirements, select and apply standard engineering techniques, and use judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Projects have clear and specific objectives but may vary significantly in size and complexity. The Project Engineer works with international teams to define requirements, technically review designs, verify the tests and work completed. The ideal candidate has experience with circuitry between 24V and 600V, 3 phase power supplies, industrial control panel design, and a familiarity with motor control centers. Experience with large complex electro-mechanical equipment is required, while experience with air handling equipment is preferred.
- Represent engineering in product development process and lead electrical engineering technical effort.
- Product line design, development, sustaining and application activities are required.
- Define the testing of products and materials, study processes, evaluate results, prepare reports and communicate results.
- Provide authoritative technical leadership to Engineers, lab technicians and other team members who may be local or global.
- Support other technical groups at Liebert as required.
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D drawings. Also create bills of material using computerized bill of material systems.
- Approve normal drawing releases and engineering changes
- Develop specifications, and material for literature
- Take Engineering responsibility for completing projects on schedule and within budget.
- May represent Liebert on industry committees and provide field service support.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years professional Engineering experience.
- Experience and knowledge of single and three phrase equipment between 24V and 600v.
- Experience with HVAC components and systems is a plus.
- Candidate must have good planning, organizing, documentation and communication skills, must be a team leadership, and motivation skills.
- Knowledge of electrical panel components, manufacturing processes, National Electrical Code and International Safety Agencies.
- Candidate must be able to design circuits and develop schematics, electrical bills of material and electrical panel layouts.
- Capable of utilizing a personal computer and various applications programs, i.e. spreadsheets, CAD, word processing, conferencing, etc.
- Some domestic and international travel is required (<5% typical).
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), delivers software, hardware and services that maximize availability, capacity and efficiency for data centers, healthcare and industrial facilities. At Emerson Network Power, we’ve built our capabilities on delivering reliable power, precision cooling, connectivity and embedded solutions that assure Business-Critical Continuity™ for your technology investments. Supported by a global network spread over 150 countries, backed by local service and support from more than 2,000 certified professionals, we are uniquely positioned to provide systems and integrated solutions wherever our customers are located. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
Why work with Emerson Network Power?
If you have talent, knowledge and experience — and want to work at a company that will value your abilities — it's time to learn more about what Emerson has to offer.
Emerson’s proven management model and track record of growth have extended the company’s legacy through the years with an ongoing commitment to invest in new technologies. For businesses around the world, the Emerson brand stands for the ability to get big things done, through global engineering, technology, industry expertise and customer focus. Whatever their challenge, they know that with Emerson by their side, they can 'Consider It Solved.'
Click HERE to discover Emerson.
No calls or agencies please. The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected Veteran status.
Engineering, Skilled Labor - Trades
4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries