Performs complex secretarial work of an administrative nature. This position is responsible for coordinating and processing routine work for the Real Estate Dept. Heads that may include the attorney and property managers.
1. Drafts correspondence, memoranda, etc., for the department head's signature.
2. Types legal documents, primarily leases and contracts..
3.Tracks changes in legal documents in negotiation process.
4. Review all legal documents for accuracy and completeness; compare elements to previous documents for consistency.
5. Ensure real estate packages/documents are accurate and complete. (Notarized documents, seals, lease agreements, cover letters, exhibits, etc.)
6. Communicate with others to track or obtain information such as: phone calls to landlords and tenants, submitting check requests to Accounts Payable, getting survey and environmental inspection bids, etc...
7. May be responsible for following up on various matters to ensure that decisions are implemented, leases and contracts are received, title policies are issued, certificates of insurance and funds are received, and appropriate parties are notified.
8. Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files and in an organized manner.
9. May be asked to attend some meetings, seminars, etc., possibly to take notes or furnish information.
10. May do research for a project or a legal matter.
11. Other job-related duties as assigned.
“Thank you for completing a profile for employment with Melrose! If your profile is chosen for further consideration you will receive an email with a link to complete Melrose’s on-line application. As all communication for employment is done thru email, please check your email regularly”