Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineeringservices helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking a Commissioning Specialist to support our service offerings in the Denver CO area. Candidates must live within 50 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Provide administrative and logistical support to project management and project teams. Participate in all phases of project administration and execution. Position is mentally demanding, requiring coordination of many activities at once. Provide assistance to manager as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative assistance to Commissioning Supervisor and Project Managers.
• Track project schedules, deadlines, and deliverables. Communicate with team members to insure that expected dates are met. Keep track of all critical path items.
• Attend Cx meetings and conference calls. Maintain meeting minutes and distribute to team members.
• Track completion of project documentation. Assist PM in accounting for all commissioning deliverables. Keep files up-to-date. Post project documents to appropriate websites.
• Assist in finalizing project documents, including proof-reading and verification of consistency and overall quality.
• Develop financial tracking spreadsheets. Keep up-to-date with labor and materials on projects. Assist PM’s with maintaining profitability.
• Responsible for maintaining test equipment calibrations and safety equipment testing.
Job RequirementsRequired Skills:
• Assist with scheduling and shipping of test equipment.
• Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
• Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School (ASEET) or Military equivalent AND two years field engineer or industry related experience minimum.
• Good customer liaison and a high degree of communication and strong organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research
• Must be proficient with Oracle, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook.
• Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands and fingers at computer, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift and/or move test equipment weighing 100 pounds.
Additional Company Information
• Valid Driver’s License with clear driving record.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth. No calls or agencies please. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson, Electrical Reliability Services, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.