Transform Your Tomorrow…Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And…that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
The Opportunity | Systems Administrator
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
At the Associate level, your role as the System Administrator is to protect availability and security of computer systems and network connections of the supported applications and business data. You will also participate in the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on desktops, servers, printers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Perform and tests routine system backups and restores.
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Set end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information. Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Network Infrastructure
- 6-9 years’ relevant experience
- Microsoft Certification would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge of network and PC, operating systems and hardware, and local area network administration
- Network skills, including but not limited to the following:
- Windows 2003, 2010 and 2013 Server, Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, Dynamics, SharePoint
- Citrix XenDesktop and XenClient
- Symantec Backup Exec
- TCP/IP, SMTP, SSL, Telnet, RDP, AS2 and DHCP
- ANSI X12, EDIFACT and IBM Sterling Gentran
- Cisco IOS
- Hardware skills, including but not limited to the following:
- Complete PC hardware platform
- Complete Server platform
- Thin Client
- HP Managed Switches
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proactive, self-reliant and resourceful; excellent problem solving skills
- Adaptability and dedication to continuous improvement and learning
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.