Exide Technologies has needs for Environmental Health & Safety Professionals in Vernon, CA
Los Angeles Area EHS Leaders, Apply Today
Responsible for the management of facility environmental, health and safety programs required to ensure conformance with corporate policies and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Evaluation, coordination and implementation of programs, policies, practices and activities to control air emissions, monitor industrial wastewater treatment and discharges, manage pollution control systems (bag houses), manage and minimize solid and hazardous waste, and to manage activities required under the Toxic Substances Control Act, the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act and all other applicable environmental laws and regulations.
Supervision of facility inspections, maintenance of required records and timely submittal of required reports to regulatory agencies.
Coordination of environmental improvement projects as required.
Coordination with Director, EHS on facility programs, activities and responses to regulatory agencies.
Training and oversight of facility personnel performing environmental duties.
Assist the facility Health and Safety Manager with management of programs and activities required under the Occupational Safety and Health Act on an as needed basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health / Safety or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in EHS related fields.
• Comprehensive knowledge of EHS laws and regulations.
• Certified Safety Professional or relevant certification a plus.
• Training and supervisory experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with other departments in the development of EHS programs.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
This is your next Opportunity…Offering Great Benefits & Competitive Salary
Submit Your Profile Now!