At Curtiss-Wright, our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And…that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
The Opportunity: Hardware Engineer
The Hardware Engineer is responsible for all aspects of hardware development within an embedded systems environment. The individual will support activities including requirements definition, design capture, debugging, testing, documenting, support and at the most senior level, may provide architecture, mentoring and team leadership.
- Design, develop and test new embedded Hardware
- Support and enhance existing embedded Hardware
- Apply established development processes and assist in process improvement
- Analyze requirements and develop design alternatives
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation
- Provide input to architecture and design reviews
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products
- Keep current with embedded Hardware trends and share knowledge
- Perform design verification of products
- Contribute to the release of manufacturing technical data packages for products
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment to quality and achieving deadlines
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical as a minimum
- Industry experiences 8+ yrs
- Board level development experience with digital and analog circuit design.
- Experience with Hardware engineering processes and standards is an asset
- Experience with product configuration management system is an asset
- Solid understanding of analog and/or digital design is a must.
- Solid understanding of serial communication protocols such as ARINC 429, CAN and RS232 interfaces is a plus.
- Experience with Hardware debugging and analysis tools – analyzers, scopes, emulators, Pspice and/or Mathcad is a must
- Experience with Hardware test methodologies is an asset
- Experience with design capture tools (preferably Mentor Graphics) is an asset
- Experience inTSO certification processes and DO-254 design processes is a plus.
- Fluency in Russian and willingness to travel is a plus
What We Offer at Curtiss-Wright
Challenging Work - The work we do at Curtiss-Wright is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
Independence – At Curtiss-Wright, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to work on the most advanced technology in our industry.
A Collaborative Environment – The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver some of the most advanced solutions to our customers.
- Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive pay, health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.