As a Tax Senior, you will help support our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities and work closely with tax team leads. We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, deal structure consultations, and business advisory services.
The deal candidate will have a strong background in partnership, S-corporation, C-Corporation and individual taxation.
- Works with the tax team to prepare and learn to review tax return
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Recognizes and informs senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Handles routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promotes these activities to clients when appropriate.
- Completes research and special projects as needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation.
- Experience with S Corporations and Partnerships
- Experience with FAS109
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance.
- Must have passed at least two parts of the CPA exam.
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements.
- CPA licenses a plus.
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm is a plus.
- Masters of Taxation preferred, but not required You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.Location Street Address
: 501 N. 44th Street, Ste. 300City
: West RegionPosition Type
: Full TimeJob Type
: ExperiencedDegree Required
: BachelorTravel Required
: NoSponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: