Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineeringservices helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Sales Engineer to support our service offerings in the Portland, OR area. Candidates must be familiar with and live within 45 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Electrical Sales Engineer
Plan and perform sales and marketing efforts to meet overall area sales goals of our full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training for the Service Center. This activity will be done using all principles of good salesmanship, including personal client visits, telephone selling, group selling, territory and account management, plus participation in technical and professional associations. Responsible for developing complete proposals for the Company in conjunction with the Operations Department staff and/or corporate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals. Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts. Make effective customer presentations, proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct. This may include walk-through customer site, and field visits. The focus will be on Acceptance Testing 70% (high estimate requirement), with a smaller balance of End user accounts (30%).
• Perform marketing support to promote the Company’s image throughout the industry. Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis.
• Assist Corporate needs in new service assessments, marketing research and literature development.
• Perform public relations to promote sales. Active participation in trade shows and professional societies.
• Give effective presentations for the Company’s Training Services and Speaker's Bureau.
• Member of the Area Management Committee. Actively participate as a committee member.
• Assist in the development of the area sales and marketing plan. Bring input and new ideas on Sales and Marketing activities. Job Requirements
• Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly.
• Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate BSEE/BSEET engineer (with power distribution classwork) and 1-2 years minimum experience in related industry/field. OR Graduate of electrical technical school or equivalent, and five years of similar work. • Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some over night travel to cover sales territory.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
Additional Company Information
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth. No calls or agencies please. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson, Electrical Reliability Services, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information Click here to apply online
Engineering, Sales, Other
Other Great Industries