The Physician Integration Manager is responsible for being a liaison between the facility administration and the Medical Staff. They will be responsible for resolving hospital Medical Staff issues, accountable for follow-up and coordination of other departments’ follow-up for these issues. Must demonstrate a complete understanding of the principles of business development and their application on behalf of the assigned facility and is responsible for marketing, promoting facility product line to physicians. They will continually seek new market opportunities by maintaining knowledge of new health care developments and act as a catalyst for their adoption where necessary.
Responsibilities may include (depending on assigned facility):
1. Member of the Administrative team at facility; participates in facility Administrator on Call rotation
2. Plan and coordinate visits with physicians, practice administrators, nursing, business development and marketing, seeking new market opportunities at facility and promoting those opportunities to physicians to build business. Works closely with CEO in this endeavor.
3. Initiates and coordinates in the recruitment of new physicians to assigned county and Mountain States Medical Group. Works closely with CEO and Recruitment to contact physicians after hours and on weekends to keep them interested in area.
4. Development, implementation and maintenance of a retention program for current medical staff members and newly recruited medical staff members.
5. Executes physician recruitment activities required to support the recruitment of physicians and participates and assists in strategic planning for recruitment of physicians through coordinating on site visits, liaison with Physician Recruitment dept and other recruitment organizations. Serves as point person in coordination of physician recruitment visits.
6. Assists in Developing and Maintaining Medical Staff Development Plan.
7. Responsible for coordinating or participating in the process to develop marketing pieces for facility and supported practices. Will proof related material prior to publication and distribution. Will assist with the development and implementation of marketing plans for the facility as well as facility departments and work closely with MSHA Marketing Department to ensure milestones are met.
8. Plans CME programs for physicians and implements them in assigned county and surrounding markets.
9. Medical Education: Supervises the Medical Education Coordinator. Also serves as a liaison between Lincoln Memorial University and IPMC. Provides support to the Medical Education Coordinator for proctoring exams and Medical Student orientation. Attends meetings as needed with Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows.
10. Plans, Coordinates, Implements and Administers New Physician Social, and EMS Golf Tournament (IPMC team member only).
11. Coordinates and attends Medical Office Managers Meetings, IPMC Cancer Conference, Kingsport City and Sullivan County School Nurse inservices, and oversees Long Term Care Administrators Luncheons.
12. Represents IPMC on the Downtown Kingsport Board, Fun Fest Council, and the Kingsport Tomorrow Healthcare Symposium.
13. Reviews all MD Link Transfers and monitors referrals to areas outside of the Northwest strategy. Completes follow up on all outside referrals.
14. Assists in developing the Strategic Plan for Indian Path Medical Center along with key business strategies
15. Assists in coordinating the Physician Leadership Academy.
16. Serves as a standing member of the VOS Steering Committee
17. Serves as the Executive Sponsor for one or more facility VOS Value Streams.
18. Will assist and work with Physician Groups with ongoing monitoring and action planning for Bundled Payment Initiatives.
19. Plans, Coordinates and Implements dinners/entertainment and social functions for facility. Responsible for developing event budgets.
20. Obtains/Coordinates physician speakers for marketing related events including radio, TV spots, civic clubs, and health fairs.
21. Addresses Medical Staff problems areas as they arise at facility.
22. Serves as a key contact person for Property Management. Attends all property management meetings and coordinates site visits at facility. (IMPC only.)
23. Assists VP/CEO in the selection and implementation of joint venture opportunities between area physicians and the hospital or MSHA businesses.
24. Coordinates bi-annual physician satisfaction survey and coordinates action planning related to the survey.
25. Actively takes on the role of coordinating locums' physician coverage when needed, including travel, scheduling and coordination with key medical staff members.
MSHA expects that every team member will role model Patient-Centered Care behaviors and be guided by MSHA’s Values and the Principles of Patient–Centered Care. Every member of MSHA’s leadership team is accountable for coaching and monitoring reporting team members to ensure that the standards and initiatives of Patient-Centered Care are a living reality in their work units / Departments.
It is vital that an individual in this position be capable of good communication skills. It is of the utmost importance that written communication is legible.
MSHA expects all team members to support the VOS initiative by demonstrating awareness of the VOS system and effectively applying it to his/her work.
Job duties of this position may require access to protected patient information (PHI). The team member will be accountable for appropriate use of the record and compliance with all confidentiality and security policy and procedures related to use, access, and disclosure of PHI. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position reports directly to the Vice President and CEO of assigned facility and has a close working relationship with other leaders throughout Mountain States Health Alliance.