JE Dunn Construction is a leading provider of construction management services, design-build, and integrated project delivery. Our time honored tradition of delivering construction in a manner exceeding the expectation of clients holds true, and our client relationships are always our utmost priority. JE Dunn provides construction services in a professional manner to exceed the expectations of our clients. We maintain a commitment to integrity, collaboration, wisdom, quality, value, sustainability, and safety; the philosophy and principles of our business operation. We provide an environment of challenge, opportunity, and growth for all employees, regardless of race, creed, age, gender or disability. From coast-to-coast, we've staked our reputation on our ability to deliver on each of these and pledge to settle for nothing less.
Provide high-level, professional, confidential administrative support to internal executives including significant interaction with external customers and contacts (which may include but are not limited to business and government leaders) in a way which complies with Company procedures and standards to help produce positive results.
- Efficiently and effectively prepare, process, post, organize, copy, and file forms and documents.
- Accurately collect and organize information and data from various systems, files, team staff members, and other sources into standard (such as weekly/monthly reports) as well as complex and/or custom reports and documents for distribution both inside and outside the organization.
- Provide timely and effective communication (e-mail, telephone, etc.) to internal staff and external contacts.
- Professionally handle confidential information, and tactfully screen incoming telephone calls and visitors.
- Prepare advanced, and some standard technical, correspondence (such as letters, memos, meeting notes, and proposals).
- Apply advanced knowledge of systems and processes to evaluate current Standard Operating Procedures and suggest changes to continually improve and streamline processes to produce better project outcomes.
- Recommend, create, modify, and distribute Company standard operating procedures, practices, and formats.
- Timely process and distribute incoming mail, responding to routine as well as other items that fall within Standard Operating Procedures that do not require supervisor’s attention.
- Oversee calendars and assist in the scheduling of appointments and meeting logistics, including making travel arrangements.
- Prepare and distribute agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- May train and supervise less experienced clerical staff.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate financial information as requested by Business Development and Operations for project pursuits.
- Assist with distribution of information for the entire Finance department.
- Perform daily cash procedures including:
- Handling of incoming checks, wires, cash & making the remote bank deposits
- Apply funds received to outstanding pay applications and notify the appropriate individuals
- Daily reconciliation of bank activity
- Periodic delivery of deposit to bank location
- Maintain custody of the Petty Cash safe & handle all transactions and reconciliation.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience providing support to an Executive Level and handling highly confidential information required. Advanced knowledge of project management and other computer software such as CMiC, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
JE Dunn Construction Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a)(7), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A are herein incorporated by reference, if applicable.
These numbers refer to clauses in Executive Order 11246 (41 CFR 60-1), Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (41 CFR 60-300), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (41 CFR 60-741), Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A).
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled