QualTex Laboratories, a subsidiary of BioBridge Global
is seeking a
Certified Medical Technologist / Clinical Laboratory Scientist
to perform all testing for the Immunohematology Reference Laboratory (IRL) department
in our San Antonio, TX location.
We are seeking a certified Medical Technologist (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) to work in a highly complex reference blood bank. We have a variety of techniques to perform Antibody Identification, test donor antigen by molecular method and provide antigen negative blood for all of south Texas. Responsibilities / Expectations for the Certified Medical Technologist / Clinical Laboratory Scientist include:
- Type and crossmatch blood for transfusion.
- Identify allo and auto antibodies using various specialized techniques.
- Phenotype red cells for specific antigens.
- Perform quality control assays of blood components.
- Evaluate results of all testing- recognizing unusual test results and resolving discrepancies
- Ensure quality control of all testing systems.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Exhibit a positive working relationship with donors, co-workers and the public.
- Perform equipment calibration and performance checks.
- Answer the telephone and report testing results as appropriate.
- Train new employees and students on the overall operations of the special procedures department.
- Write standard operating procedures as assigned.
- Commit to and embrace the mission, vision, and core values of QualTex Laboratories:
- Positive work attitude
- Respect for co-workers and management staff
- Excellent customer service [for both internal and external customers]
- Adherence to all safety, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Continuous improvement
- Participate in continuing education and attend meetings as required.
- Assist with training and/or mentoring of new employees and/or volunteers.
- Participate in team-oriented work projects for the development and implementation of validations, process improvements, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
All Full Time Positions Qualify for -
100% Employer Paid Pension Plan & Full Benefits Package
Benefits for the Certified Medical Technologist / Clinical Laboratory Scientist include:
BioBridge Global is proud to be an EEO-AA employer M/F/D/V and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plan
- Pension Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Funeral Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will require walking, bending, and prolonged sitting and/or standing during work hours. Required to carry up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. Requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a well lighted, air conditioned and heated laboratory. Laboratory consists of complex setting with robotic instrumentation. May be exposed to body fluids, blood borne pathogens, electrical, mechanical, laser, chemical, and infectious hazards. May have bodily exposure to refrigerator/freezer temperatures, especially hands and face. Will work extended hours during peak periods. May be required to work any time of the day, evening or night during the week or weekend to include being on-call.
Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm, alternating weekends, holidays and on-call