As an industry leader, PathGroup provides comprehensiveanatomic, clinical and molecular pathology services. We operate 24 hours a day,7 days a week to deliver fast and accurate results, with responsiveness that isunmatched in the industry. PathGroup is privately held and physician centered,designed to work seamlessly with medical practices and provide directconsultation when needed. Our approach is keenly focused on driving betterpatient outcomes through high-quality, high-service diagnostics from a singlepoint of contact.
PathGroupis continuously seeking quality individuals who share our values. If you areenthusiastic, have initiative, good character, interpersonal skills, awillingness to assume responsibility, and would like to be part of thePathGroup team, we want to hear from you! Weoffer a competitive, market based compensation plan along with excellentbenefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, and 401(k).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Support PathGroup’s mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Provide leadership and supervise assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, assist in developing procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions. Participate in the interview and selection process of phlebotomist/clerical employees.
- Supervise employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Maintains and determines usage of department supplies and inventory.
- Performs duties in an independent, efficient, enthusiastic, and effective manner.
- Maintains Phlebotomy Manual and distributes updates to phlebotomists as needed.
- Exercises all laboratory safety precautions and adheres to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Fills in for other phlebotomists at varying locations as needed.