QA Test Analyst – PERM – Chicago, IL
QA Test Analyst Job Summary:
Project Planning, Tracking, & Reporting
• Review the project requirements to ensure completeness of requirements from testing perspective.
• Assist Test Lead in creating an initial estimate and work breakdown structure of the work required to perform testing.
• Review the effort estimates provided by Test Analysts for effort required for testing assigned modules.
• Assist Test Lead in creating and documenting Project Test Strategy and Plan, using the standard template, based on the Vision document and use cases/requirements.
• Allocate test scripts to the testers.
• Track the progress of the project against scheduled delivery dates using an appropriate tracking tool.
• Analyze high-risk areas of the assigned project section and create the risk analysis document to ensure appropriate priority is placed on the conditions being tested.
• Identify how other facets of the project may impact quality, and escalate identified risks to Test Lead.
• Support the project team(s) in evaluating risks and shuffle priorities based on unresolved issues.
• Notify Test Lead upon identifying any issues that can affect the project schedule.
• Escalate any change in requirements that have a possible impact on project schedule.
• Ensure that issues arising during testing are resolved in a timely manner.
• Provide inputs to Test Lead on the performance of the testing team.
• Participate in project review meetings.
• Provide status of the test activities to the onshore coordinator.Creation & Execution
• Understand functional specifications and ensure all queries are resolved by interaction with Leads or Managers.
• Execute the test scripts to test processes and reports defects.
• Review tests for correctness and comprehensiveness to ensure meet project requirements.
• Define the type of test data required for a project and support the Test Analyst to prepare test data by utilizing available data within the project team and making/creating necessary modifications for the new project, using Components when possible.
• Create, execute, and store tests in a test script repository based on the use cases, high level requirement scenarios, Project Test Plan, and the supplemental requirements, as per the test plan and within the schedule.
• Verify actual versus expected test results. Review unexpected results for origination of the issue (test data, requirements, coding).
• Submit clear, concise, and complete defects to the appropriate parties using the defect management tool.
• Execute the test plan by retesting issues until closure.
• Perform a test coverage traceability analysis to ensure that all requirements and supporting specifications are tested using the tests with duplicates, invalid, and out-of-scope scenarios removed.
• Perform issue analysis to identify project-level/group-level trends. Document and share the trends with all stakeholders.
• Monitor any change in requirements, analyze, and translate the changes into test documentation. (Building scenarios and updating tests, scripts).
• Execute any client related extensions to requirements and/or regression issues.
• Participate in the Test Execution walkthrough with the team and Test Lead.
• Participate in gathering of summary test execution data and deriving the requisite testing metrics from it.
• Participate in documenting any trends emerging from the Test Execution Review.
• Analyze trends with resolved and/or pending project to determine the quality of artifacts and projects.
• Perform overall issue analysis to identify high-risk areas for the project and adjust testing priorities accordingly.Documentation
• Log the test results by identifying specific tests that succeeded/failed.
• Document complete and accurate test results.
• Create and/or provide input on the necessary knowledge management documentation to aid client teams in understanding what needs to be tested, or how the tool should be utilized.
• Responsible, as a deliverable at release time, for the necessary knowledge management documentation for the assigned project.
• Adhere to project process.
• Participate in root cause analysis.
• Act as a knowledge leader for one or more domains of Payroll/HR, US Health & Welfare, or Retirement Benefits and provide critical technical inputs to the testing team and to the trainer and/or owner of knowledge/training repositories.
• Coach other associates on a variety of skills including how to create test cases, test coverage comprehensiveness, technical assistance, test environment usage, test data setup, document issues, and how to evaluate risk with uncovered defects.
• Deliver timely and constructive feedback to aid in associate development.