Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the industrial, energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide capital goods and services ranging from railcars to barges, construction materials to propane tanks, highway guardrail to structural wind towers, railcar parts to crash cushions, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, multi-industry growth company that generates superior earnings and returns for its shareholders, and to offer a safe, productive and challenging work environment for our employees.
Trinity Containers, LLC is searching for a Production Supervisor based at our multi-product facility in Tulsa, OK. This plant manufactures large Containers, Rail Tank Cars, and Wind Towers. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for establishing functional business plans and technical project objectives to meet the short- and long- term goals of a production or warehousing organization. Manages production or warehousing employees in various manufacturing, product development support or warehousing departments. Directs the activities and staff within a warehouse or production environment. Managed activities may include but are not limited to the following: production operations activities, parts and components management, purchasing, contract management, sales and quality assurance.
- Manages execution of processes
- 1st level people manager
- Single product, highly complex in parts and production operations
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of non-exempt and/or hourly employees
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
- Typically does not spend more than 20% of time performing the same duties as that of employees supervised
- Immediate/ direct supervision to unit or group of employees
- May supervise the activities of a group or team of shop employees involved in mechanical, cleaning, painting, blasting, material handling or other work process in order to meet Company quality and safety standards and schedules
- Interprets, administers, executes policies/ procedures
- Focuses on assignment of work, scheduling of work, monitoring of work as it is being done, reviewing results for timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Errors cause schedule delays, increased resource allocation
Associate Degree or equivalent education.
Typically requires the same level of education as the employees being supervised plus a minimum of 1 year experience as an individual contributor
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest!
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply online. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.