As a Software Engineer I , supporting Asset Management, you are a member of PNC's Asset Management organization and part of a team with over 3000 professionals. PNC is a leading Asset Management firm, with more than $104 billion dollars in assets under management.
You will join PNC's Information Technology group and will be instrumental in helping to maintain our reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under the guidance of senior engineers and your manager, your team and area will be responsible for performing the development, modifications, and maintenance of existing software applications potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
You will be based in Philadelphia, Pa. at the 1600 Market Street location. This is an entry-level position under direct supervision. You will be trained in the use of COBOL programming language and other technical tools. You will be responsible, once trained, to assist in the application system development and maintenance. You will be working from detailed specifications, and must be able to perform application coding and testing . Responsibilities include, but not limited to, system testing, system troubleshooting and debugging, and documentation of software modification.
You will develop basic application software for system enhancements, possibly across a variety of technology platforms. You will assess and determine design considerations including application programs containing business logic and possibly modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations. This entry-level position combines autonomy with leadership support; while you develop systems testing that will ensure a quality product is presented to PNC Lines of Business.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications: *
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field preferred with 0-2 yrs exp.
- Possess a general understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques.
- Basic understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application systems
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Be a team member and work well with others
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and requirements to technical staff.
- Previous programming experience a plus