Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
1. Registered Nurse with valid Texas license.
2. BLS certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended.
3. Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychological, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
4. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods.
2. Must be able to walk; climb stairs; lift, carry, push/pull greater than 50 pounds, repeatedly.
3. Good balance is required to facilitate climbing and reaching for supplies.
4. Must be able to bend, twist and crawl to facilitate cleaning equipment and must possess sufficient manual dexterity to handle IVs, specimens, equipment, and medications.
5. Required to life and move patients.
6. Potential for exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases exists.
7. Required to work in an indoor climate controlled environment with occasional deviations in temperature related to location or specialty area. There may be occasions where exposure to external elements may be necessary (i.e. code grays, patient transport, etc.).
8. Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally, both in person and by telephone.
1. Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
2. Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychological, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
3. Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values for CHRISTUS Health.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
#LI-MH1 Requisition Number: