Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
The Financial Counselor Team Lead is responsible for providing feedback on daily Financial Counseling processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor/Manager. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist supervisor/manager with staffing, report reconciliation, QA process and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Function and excel in the Financial Counselor capacity in addition to Lead duties.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Financial Counselors to ensure department standards are met.
• Proactively researches accounts from initiation through completion to identify liabilities and provide
• recommendations for operational opportunities utilizing critical thinking skills
• Initiates Case Management engagement daily on the status of all accounts
• Builds strong professional relationships with ancillary departments to foster teamwork approach for resolving
• account issues timely
• Interact with San Antonio Shared Services and the Pre-Admissions department to ensure patient accounts
• are accurate prior to billing
• Work closely with physicians and outside agencies in helping patients with insurance coverage
• Interacts with family memebers as needed, in a customer-friendly atmosphere
• Assist with resolving patient concerns
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient saftety or quality of care of the services
• Understands and applies accurate collection calculations and strategies for account management
• Applies accurate and detailed documentation to ensure reimbursement of account claims
• Maintain productions/QA statistics and report results to Supervisor/Manager
• Understands and adheres to regulartory requirements
• When appropriate, relieve staff members
• Assume on-call responsiblitieis to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Assist leadership in educating and training staff of changes pertinent to their role and to insure all department
• policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of sueprvisort in his/her absence, and inform Sueprvisor of all issues upon his/her return
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education
• Practice and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned