Sales Specialist - Portland, OR
Supports and increases sales and profits to a specific account base, or geographic territory, through selling, business skills, and knowledge of the industrial safety industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Has 100% responsibility for achieving sales target in assigned territory.
• Manages territory with continuing sales growth. Strives to improve the gross margin in territory by following the sales plan for the prospective territory.
• Promotes industrial safety products to customers and prospective customers.
• Responsible for attending all training scheduled by the company for continued educational growth.
• Assists in developing sales objectives for territory and recommends appropriate changes. Selects target accounts.
• Creates a list of every business in assigned territory. This list will be the foundation for prospect calls.
• Evaluates and reports on competitive capability and activity in assigned territory.
• Complete a daily itinerary and follow the annual business plan for the assigned territory and measure it every 30 days with the Manager against actual results.
• Assist in sales planning, which includes an analysis of competitive products, vendors and selling techniques, consumer research, sales budgets and quotas.
• Maintain files on all accounts and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Quote within price parameters set by the Manager and Company policy.
• Be flexible to help with safety sales in the retail stores when necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining stock vendor price lists.
• Attend one safety meeting each month, association and vendor meetings, as well as hazardous material handling and other safety-related courses.
• Must adhere to all personnel and corporate policies as noted in employee manual.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.