SalesLine of Business
Interior SolutionsJob Type
Full-TimeMinimum Travel Percentage
With more than 15,000 associates across 600 locations in North America and Canada, HD Supply has become one of the country’s largest industrial distribution companies. HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to customers in the maintenance, repair and operations, infrastructure, and specialty construction markets. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!Job Summary
Support business ventures and large projects, with key customer(s). Serve as a project manager on specific customer initiatives, acts as a liaison to ensure effective operational execution, and adequate product flow, and provides on-site guidance and problem resolution. Responsible for building a strategy in conjunction with the sales manager and customer to continue to develop sales effectiveness and profitability.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Conducts regular on-site visits to work with the customer and customer representatives, or if necessary, may reside on the customer's work site during special projects.
- Serves as liaison between customer, sales management, purchasing and operations to ensure customer satisfaction. Identifies and implements process enhancements to minimize problems and maximize efficiency. Elevates issues and provides the customer with prompt problem resolution.
- Identifies unique project requirements and develops a project management strategy, in conjunction with the sales management team, to meet the customer's needs.
- Develops regular communication vehicles, and meetings to ensure customer and dept management consistently informed.
- May have inventory selection, presentation or replenishment responsibilities.Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis, techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.Work Environment
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8 - 20 pounds).
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.