Medical Administrative Assistant
We have a current opening at one of our Physician Offices in San Antonio, TX for a Medical Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Practice Manager and works closely with the Infusion Center staff.
Are you looking to work for a growing firm that recognizes individual effort and provides opportunities for advancement? Are you looking for a job that presents new challenges and opportunities to grow personally and professionally? If you are, we are interested in meeting you!
Primary duties include the following:
• Greets patients as they arrive
• Collects co-pay from patients
• Answers the phones and helps screen calls. This will include communicating regularly with the referring physician offices to update them on patient verification status
• Performs data entry services for the pharmacist and nurse
• Performs the initial RMS data entry for new referrals
• Works with the clinical staff - helps facilitate and expedite the referral/verifications processes to insure timely processing of all referrals through RMS
• Sets up charts for next day patients and for new admissions
• Acts as the Infusion Centers Central Scheduler. Enters patient schedule into office computer scheduling and prints lab slips
• Stocks and keeps track of supply needs, orders, and inventory
• Contact patients to remind them of their appointments
• Ensures that all Medicare records are signed by the physician and faxed to corporate in a timely manner
• Helps keep office clean