At City Barbeque, we live to serve wonderful people who love our terrific food and service. We strive, every day, to have guests happier after their meal than before, because it was the ultimate eating experience.
Becoming the first choice for barbeque - and having fun doing it - is the first step to building your career in the City. Sharpen your guest service and teamwork skills, learn to make great food and get ready to grow.
Our teammates take pride in preparing and serving America’s food- Barbeque, with unmatched service and hospitality. They know that in order to do this right, they need to consistently follow proper recipes and procedures, and adhere to our high standards regarding food preparation, sanitation, teamwork and guest service.
Teammates get to learn about and work at a variety of stations: Counter, Line, Prep, Pits and Expo. In each area they’re interacting with our guests directly and/or producing our scratch made food. Teammates responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on tasks they see that need to get done, and pitch in to help their teammates.
In addition to following City Barbeque’s cultural guidelines, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
• Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes
• Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
• Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
• Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing food
• Providing a friendly, quality guest experience to each guest
• Working toward understanding and articulating the ultimate eating experience with City Barbeque
• Consistently and accurately using prep sheets, cleaning lists, and station checklists
• Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to sanitation guidelines