Job is located in Vista, CA.
Assisted Living Director
Vista Village Senior Living is looking for an Assisted Living Director for our team. We are looking for a LVN for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that the all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
2. Interview, hire, evaluate, coordinate, motivate, monitor performance, schedule and supervise department staff in accordance with the company policy. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates with interest in care and management of individuals with dementia. Make recommendations to the Executive Director with respect to staff evaluations, merit pay increases, reprimands, disciplinary actions and terminations.
3. Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets and state law.
4. Oversees continuing education programs for caregivers, as regulated by Federal and State licensing requirements.
5. Conduct orientation for new members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies and procedures for the department.
6. Oversee and provide necessary training to department staff that ensures competent delivery of medications to residents, emergency procedures, record keeping, residents’ records and acceptable treatments. Ensure all care staff (AL and/or Generations) complete state required training.
7. Arrange for coverage of job duties within the department during employee absences either through delegation or personal completion of duties.
8. Conduct and coordinate the completion of resident assessment program in accordance with current rules, regulations, guidelines and company policies that govern resident assessment; administer pre-admission and periodic assessments to all residents and monitor changes in status. Ensure that an initial resident assessment is completed prior to each resident’s move-in date and a comprehensive care plan is completed upon move-in. Provide reassessments on a regular basis.
9. May be required to interview potential residents and families, complete a pre-placement assessment and needs and services plan, obtain medical records and other requirements as outlined in Title 22 for an admission to the community.
10. Conduct interviews and observations on a continual basis of the residents to alert the Executive Director, family and others of changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident. Conduct weekly service plan meeting.
11. Complete all required data entry into the A.L. Wizard to ensure maintenance of resident care information. Ensure that A.L. Wizard Resident Care Profile and assignment sheets are completed timely and all required documentation has been completed.
12. Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
13. Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families. Contact physicians, family and others to obtain specific orders for care and represent the property to professional personnel, residents and the community.
14. Coordinate prescription orders with doctors’ offices and pharmacy delivery of medications. Oversee central storage and delivery of medications.
15. Communicate with residents, family members regarding the property’s in-house pharmacy and the policies/procedures governing that relationship.
16. Conduct property tours and promote the property to members of the community.
17. Supports administration in referral development and maintaining high census.
18. Participate in property surveys made by authorized governmental agencies.
19. Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety standards. Responsible for coordinating special provisions for the safety of residents with special needs, i.e., visual deficits, hearing loss.
20. Perform fire and safety procedures when needed to assure resident/staff safety.
21. Maintain inventory of needed supplies.
22. Provide the Executive Director with information relative to the care needs of the residents and the department’s ability to meet those needs.
23. Per State of California regulations, as a 'mandated reporter' you must report all known or suspected incidents of resident abuse of dependent adults or elders.
24. Participate in daily 'Stand-Up' meetings to communicate key issues within the department.
25. Assist in the budget preparation for the department and monitor department costs on a day-to-day basis.
26. Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in dementia-specific care. Recognize and respond to changes in the dementia care industry and respond appropriately.
27. Performs day-to-day clerical work connected with the position.
28. Maintain listing of location of all oxygen tanks in the community. Ensure current list is provided to Concierge for use in emergencies.
29. Promotes and displays a spirit of teamwork in performance of daily duties through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
30. Support a positive and professional image through actions and dress.
31. Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Executive Director.