VHA Inc. is a national network of not-for-profit health care organizations working together to improve performance and efficiency in clinical, financial and operational management. Since 1977, when VHA established the first hospital membership organization, the company has applied its knowledge in analytics, contracting, consulting and network development to help members and customers achieve their strategic objectives.
In 2012, VHA delivered $1.9 billion in savings and additional value to members. Serving 5,100 health system members and affiliates, VHA represents more than a quarter of the nation’s community hospitals. VHA also serves more than 118,000 non-acute health care customers enterprise-wide. VHA is based in Irving, Texas, and has 12 regional offices across the U.S. VHA has been ranked as one of the best places to work in health care by Modern Healthcare since the publication introduced this list in 2008.
Title: Vice President, Performance Services Leader for Purchased Services
Location: Virtual in the United States is acceptable (Dallas, TX or Charlotte, NC preferred)
VHA's goal is to improve and sustain overall clinical, operational and financial performance through proven and repeatable business processes. VHA's performance services team provides highly skilled and trained resources to deliver custom/fee for services engagements to our members.
The Vice President of Performance Services will provide strategic planning and operational leadership to successfully and fully implement the strategy and deliverables to meet member expectations associated with the customized projects. This person will apply leadership skills and practices to achieve the results intended from VHA member agreements, and the delivery and timing against specified milestones.
- Provide strategic direction to VHA and customers and in-depth technical expertise through coordination, implementation and delivery of purchased services.
- Provides general planning, business development, leadership and management for VHA's Performance Services Purchased Services team
- Interfaces with national and other regional office resources to help advance programs and services offered in purchased services.
- Collaborates with national/regional staff and hospital executives to develop purchased services operational plans customized to address owner-specific improvement opportunities.
- Serves as a player/coach while leading the team to execute the purchased services improvement plan.
- The VP may serve on executive steering committees, support opportunity assessments, oversee progress on purchased services engagements and/or be called upon to leverage e-team relationships to overcome barriers and mitigate risks
- Facilitates early adoption of best in class purchased services processes and operations by working with member executives and department managers to identify and evaluate customer needs and to plan implementation.
- Performs general management responsibilities to include budget development, employee supervision and business development. Engages with other performance services leaders to provide management insight into operations as part of the leadership team.
- Manages and drives the delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Communicates and assures the deliverable and project specific activities performed by cross-functional project teams
- Effectively manages internal and external expectations around project scope
- Identify, validate, and resolve project risks and issues
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA degree is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Healthcare preferred.
- Healthcare / Non-salary Healthcare consulting experience is a plus
- Successful track record across respective Purchased Services categories:
- Human Resources: Dependent Eligibility Audit, Nurse & Allied Staffing, etc.
- Facilities: Utilities, Construction Services, Elevator Maintenance, etc.
- Finance: Electronic invoice payment / ePayables, etc.
- Supply Chain & Hospitality: Clinical Equipment Maintenance, Laundry & Linen Services, Instrument and Scope Repair, Medical Device Reprocessing, etc.
- Clinical / Patient Services: Blood Management, Patient Satisfaction, etc.
- Information Technology: IT Hardware & Reseller, Telecom Audit, etc.
- Revenue Cycle: Transcription, etc.
- Proven Project Management skills of complex projects
- Assertive Leadership Skills
- Sales ability, persuasiveness, planning and negotiation skills
- Commands presence and respect among leadership and senior executives
- Requires ability to build strong strategic working relationships with both internal and external customers including suppliers and participating members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of successfully managing and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive projects
- Certified Materials Resource Professional (CMRP) or equivalent discipline is preferred
- Ability to travel nationwide 50%-75%
VHA offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.