Performs a variety of complex secretarial and administrative duties for the Vice President of Real Estate.
- Accept a commitment to the values expressed in the Mission and Philosophy of the System.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with those values.
- Contribute to the expected positive climate of the System Office and working well with others.
- Perform diversified secretarial and administrative duties of a confidential nature which relieve executive of administrative details.
- Maintain executive's daily calendar, schedules appointments and conferences, and makes necessary travel arrangements.
- Assemble necessary background materials for executive's scheduled meetings.
- Organize agenda notices and ensures proper distribution.
- Attend meetings to organize and transcribe minutes.
- Receive visitors and screens questions and requests. Interviews telephone callers and makes proper referrals.
- Frequently interface at the management level both internally and externally on matters relating to executive's activities and requirements.
- Independently compose routine correspondence and non-routine complex letters from verbal instruction.
- Review materials prepared by others for supervisor's signature to assure procedural and typographical accuracy.
- Assist executives in Board Meetings, including: understanding all Board processes and procedures; communicating/coordinating with Board Members, guests, executives, staff, and support staff, prepares complex Board documents and presentations, which requires outstanding levels of proofreading, formatting/word processing; attends Board meetings and ensure the needs of Board members, executives, guests, and staff are met quickly and thoroughly; takes minutes; ensures Board presentations run without error.
- Help coordinate video teleconference meetings.
- Set up and maintain files of highly confidential data and Information of major importance.
- Receive mail and administers organizational correspondence control.
- Answer correspondence or take appropriate action when possible.
- Handle requests which require detailed knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Assist in communicating executive's requirements and expectations.
- Distribute, update, and manage electronic documents.
- May transcribe dictation from shorthand notes or machine into final form, clerically and grammatically editing material when necessary.
- Compile highly confidential data from various sources to integrate into reports.
- Independently contact appropriate sources to obtain necessary information.
- Assist with any and all special projects accurately adhering to tight deadlines.
- Process and reconcile expense reports and monthly charge card reports.
- Processing invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
â€5 years Secretarial experience with top management in a Healthcare or corporate environment or other comparable business experience
â€Experience in multi-task coordination
â€High School graduate with emphasis in clerical business preparation
â€Associate of Arts or Bachelor of Arts degree
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
â€Organizational and supervisory skills
â€Ability to relate to a variety of personalities.
â€Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedules and meet deadlines.
â€Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage up, down and across levels of the organization.
â€Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
â€Professional appearance and manner,
â€Able to exercise creativity, good judgment, and initiative.
â€Excellence in writing, editing, desktop applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and word processing is essential.
Dignity Health, headquartered in San Francisco, California, provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2011, Dignity Health provided $1.4 billion in charity care, community benefit and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.