Headquartered in Racine, Wisconsin, InSinkErator, a business unit of Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is the world's largest manufacturer of food waste disposers and instant hot water dispensers for home and commercial use.
Since the 1940s, InSinkErator® has been the first choice of plumbers, builders and kitchen dealers with good reason: it's the reliable brand they can install and literally forget. In addition, our products are available at leading appliance retailers and home centers.
General SummaryJob RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Ability:
: Develop a new channel of business and direct the sale of installed kitchen appliances to consumers, builders and property managers. Primary responsibilities include selling, marketing and managing installed services. The intent is to increase household penetration in the territory or region as defined. The agent does not disrupt the existing account and customer sales efforts within the territory or region. The agent may collaborate with sales, marketing and installation efforts for existing accounts and customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work independently to generate interest and sales of installed kitchen appliances (such as disposers and hot water dispensers).
2. Prepare, maintain and manage lead database to target sales, forecasts and budgets in the determination of market potential and in preparation of opportunities.
3. Establishes relationships with various levels of local market entities, including remodelers, kitchen designers and plumbers, which may influence the sales of disposers and hot water dispensers.
4. Support and coordinate customer service activities for product delivery and installation.
5. Participate in recruiting and training installation technicians.
6. Manage marketing efforts, sales opportunities, and activities of all means involved with non-disposer households.
7. Participate in high level, strategic discussions regularly; including marketing policy and product line revisions / extensions, as well as pricing modifications.
8. Leads and participate in sales support/marketing staff members to develop activities such as sales promotion, advertising, displays, training or market research.
9. Coordinates and participates in developing sales presentations and marketing programs for opportunities and future new markets to be developed.
10. Attends local trade shows and trade events in support of growing disposer inclusion.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned by Management.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related discipline with minimally 7 years of related sales experience required OR minimally 15 years of related sales experience.
Must have experience in developing new markets, demonstrated networking skills, and selling direct to consumers.
Well networked and recognized in the community with local insight preferred.
Strong leadership skills with the capability of building a sales team in the future.
Prefer knowledge and applied usage of social media and digital marketing strategy.
Solid computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions: Home office environment with approximately 20 % travel. Company car provided. Additional Company Information
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected Veteran status.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of InSinkErator about this opening. Unless such search firm/employment agency was engaged by InSinkErator for this position and a valid agreement with InSinkErator is in place, all resumes submitted by any search firm/employment agency to any employee at InSinkErator via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of InSinkErator. Submission and retention of any resume outside of the InSinkErator agency engagement process does not create any type of express or implied contract or agreement with InSinkErator. In the event that an unsolicited referral is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid to the search firm/employment agency that submitted the resume.
www.insinkerator.com or www.emerson.com/careers