McGladrey is looking for a dynamic Experienced Tax Associate to join our tax practice. As part of the team, the Experienced Tax Associate will be responsible for:Position Description
- Works with the tax team to prepare and learn to review tax returns
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Recognizes and informs senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Handles routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promotes these activities to clients when appropriate.
- Completes research and special projects as needed.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA licenses a plus.
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus.
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements.
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm is a plus.
- Masters of Taxation preferred, but not requiredYou’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.Location Street Address
: 4801 Main Street, Ste. 400City
: Kansas CityState
: Central RegionPosition Type
: Full TimeJob Type
: ExperiencedDegree Required
: BachelorTravel Required
: NoSponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: