KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Working knowledge of hospital supplies
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Previous stock clerk experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience, preferably O.R.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time; sitting for short periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stretch and reach frequently. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate reports through written and verbal means. Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force and 50 lbs. of force frequently to move objects, and lifting papers or boxes up to 50 lbs. frequently. Work may be performed in an office, patient care areas, as well as, a stockroom/supply room environment. Work may be stressful at times. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.