Tetra Tech, Inc., an industry leader and nationally recognized engineering and consulting firm, is seeking a motivated, intelligent, and experienced professional for a Mid-level Energy Efficiency Engineer position in the San Antonio, Texas, Colorado Springs, Colorado or Santa Maria Calf offices. Duties will include: design, develop, or evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building, or remodeling stages of construction. Specialization in electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement is necessary.
1. Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
2. Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
3. Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
4. Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
5. Provide consultation to clients or other engineers on topics such as climate control systems, energy modeling, data logging, energy management control systems, lighting or daylighting design, sustainable design, and energy auditing.
6. Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
7. Train personnel or clients on topics such as energy management.
8. Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
9. Evaluate construction design information such as detail and assembly drawings, design calculations, system layouts and sketches, or specifications.
10. Inspect or monitor energy systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or daylighting systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
11. Make recommendations regarding energy fuel selection.
12. Promote awareness or use of alternative or renewable energy sources.
13. Consult with construction or renovation clients or other engineers on topics such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) or Green Buildings.
14. Client interaction and presentation of options and results.
15. Production of deliverables.