AAA Cooper Transportation, founded in 1955, is a privately held asset based multi-regional trucking company providing less-than-truckload, truck load, dedicated contract carriage, brokerage and international services. With directly operated facilities in the Southeast, Southwest, Midwest and Puerto Rico and partners carriers with coverage into Canada, Mexico and across the globe, AAA Cooper Transportation can service nearly all transportation needs.
AAA Cooper Team Drivers are responsible for moving freight between locations throughout the system averaging 2500 miles per week, typically Monday - Friday. As a full-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Wellness programs
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Safety and Performance Rewards Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perform safe and legal operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Check shipping papers to determine if the load complies with all required regulations.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relations between our company and the public.
- Drive truck to the required destination in accordance with federal regulations.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation required to move with shipments is available for inspection.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks and tractors.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
Don't wait another day to join over 1700 family members with 10 plus years with AAA Cooper Transportation! Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years or older
- Class A Interstate Commercial Drivers' License with hazardous materials and double/triple endorsements
- Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Satisfactory background check
- Have 2 years experience or 100,000 miles over the road in a tractor trailer.
- Pass ACT road test
- Flexible hours
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Be able to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Have a working knowledge of all DOT regulations that govern your particular job.
A Team Driver must have the ability to:
- Sit and remain alert while driving for an extended period of up to 10 hours.
- Shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Perform occasional pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.