This position is based in Austin, Texas. The candidate will be part of one of the Embedded Software Development teams in the Technology organization responsible for I/O and Controller software development for the DeltaV and future control systems.
The candidate will be responsible for developing software for conventional I/O such as Analog and Discrete I/O as well as all bussed I/O such as Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, HART, etc. The software will be written using C/C++ for execution both in an embedded real-time environment and for execution on PCs in a Microsoft Windows environment. Position responsibilities include the generation of use cases and designs in accordance with requirements and specifications, code development, unit level testing, integration testing and team leadership. Additional responsibilities include software support and maintenance of released software. All software will be developed using object-oriented and/or services based methodologies.
- Candidate must have experience and a strong understanding of embedded real-time development, including an understanding of real-time operating system concepts and design issues.
- Be well versed in object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation using C++.
- Candidate must be willing to work in a small team environment.
- Candidate will interface and coordinate development across multiple groups so good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Educational Degree(s): BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 4 - 6 years’ of experience OR MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 3 - 5 years’ of experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in embedded real time multi-tasking software development.
The following experience will be considered a plus:
Experience with the PowerPC family of microprocessors
An understanding of distributed control systems
Experience in Microsoft Windows based software development
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Relocation
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process System’s and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Process Systems and Solutions’ policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
APPLY NOW! (You will be redirected from the Emerson careers site)