As an Audit Director you would have accountability for the organization, execution, planning and administration of the internal audit function for capital markets/capital management, directing the evaluation of controls, reviewing compliance with policies, procedures and regulations, and coordinating and directing reporting of results of audits for business or function to PNC management.
This includes the following:
* Manage the capital market's audit plan. This will include audits of the Market Risk Amendment, Interest Rate Swaps, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Secondary Loan, Mortgage Servicing Rights (Residential and Commercial), Equity Derivatives, Back Office Operations, etc. trading desks and the independent risk management of this exposure.
* Lead the team in:
* Planning, designing and executing both integrated and standalone audits
* Ensuring the team conducts audits using the right methodology and that audit scopes are comprehensive
* Ensuring audits are completed to a high level of quality, integrity and agreed timelines
* Supports the AGA/Audit Director in achieving the vision and strategic objectives for assigned line of business or function
* Supports the AGA/Audit Director in the design, scope and administration of a comprehensive internal audit plan for business or function
* Proactively partners with the business/function on business issues
* Proactively identifies and resolves issues as they arise
* Recruits and develops a high quality internal audit team for assigned business/function
* Manages an effective working team and enables employee empowerment, succession planning, and career paths
* Identifies and manages skills gaps through training and deployment for assigned area
* Supervises and directs special project or investigations
* Oversees and monitors the execution of audit procedures for assigned business or function, ensuring that they are executed in an efficient and effective manner
* Responsible for the performance evaluation process of auditors assigned to the team
* Leads the assigned capital market's audit team in:
o Planning, designing and executing both integrated and standalone audits
o Ensuring the team conducts audits using the right methodology and that audit scopes are comprehensive
o Ensuring audits are completed to a high level of quality, integrity and agreed timelines
o Assessing risks on an ongoing basis
* Keeps abreast of current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization
* Integrates new information into decision making and is receptive to new organizational policies, procedures, and structures
* Evaluates corrective measures taken to address unresolved matters, follows up on the progress being made to address unresolved control matters and prepares summary reports to executive management for business/function
* Monitors key business initiatives and provides insight pertaining to control issues and risk activities
* Coordinates with Resource Management to schedule audit resources
* Builds awareness of external leading practices and benchmarks to embed within the Internal Audit function for assigned areas
* Develops strong working relationships with clients within the business/function to ensure a high degree of client satisfaction
* Coordinates audit activities with bank regulators and external auditors
* Proactively partners with assigned business/function to provide audit consultation for new business strategies
* Coordinates and directs reporting of results of audits to management, PNC Financial Services Group, and the Audit Committee
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Typically 10+ years experience in auditing or line of business-which includes: Experience in one or more of the following areas: Capital Markets, Risk Management, Mortgaging Service Rights (Commercial and Residential), Portfolio Management, Risk Rating, Trading, Financial Modeling, Back Office Operations, Capital Management, Liquidity Management, Stress Testing, Securitizations, Payment System Risk and/or Model Validation.
* Deep understanding of business strategy, capital markets products (e.g. fixed income, derivatives, mortgage servicing rights, foreign exchange, etc.) operations, financials, executives, competition, and potential risk areas
Displays a proven track record in leading and managing an audit team in LOB with emphasis on leading practices in risk assessment, problem solving, and impactful reporting of audits
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related. Advanced degree preferred.
o Professional designation and/or professional certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc) are desirable.