Supervises 15 to 30 employees in the aseptic and/or ESL production and/or processing operations and makes sure all products and processed products coming off the line have the highest quality possible. Communicates closely with previous shift supervisor, incoming shift supervisor, production manager, and employees on production progress and pursue any problems that arise. Displays leadership abilities that help empower line employees, leads, supervisors, and managers to performance levels that contribute to the achievement of corporate, plant, and individual goals. Creates, develops, and executes strategic plans to hit plant goals and objectives set by production manager. Implements and follows all safety procedures as stated in MOS, GMP, safety standards, and code of ethics.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises all associates directly assigned to the aseptic and/or ESL and/or Processing production teams and works closely with associates in the Logistics, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Continuous Improvement, Process Teams, and Human Resource departments.
2. Conducts plant tours every two hours, reading multiple instruments, and noting any discrepancies. If any discrepancies are found, communicates with employees, and supervisors for root cause of problem. If needed, creates action teams with appropriate associates, and provides leadership in restoring problems that may arise
3. Inputs data found from plant tour and explanations of downtime of processes into DSR database.
4. Maintains a safe and clean working environment for all employees and visitors. Ensures all safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics are followed by employees, supervisors, customers, and visitors at all times.
5. Trains, disciplines, and gives timely performance appraisals to current leads and employees on aseptic and/or ESL and/or Processing production teams. When needed, documents notable items of associates, both positive and negative, and places in personnel file.
6. Develops and implements an “open-door” policy, and is able to problem shoot, problem solve, and root-cause analysis with employees’ concerns and questions.
7. Communicates Standard Operating Procedures and plant rules to all production team members and ensures that they are implemented and strictly adhere to. When necessary, schedules employee safety CBT’s.
8. Ensures that only the highest quality products are produced, not only in the product itself, but in processing, packaging, coding, appearance, and every other indicator.
9. Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings including pre-shift meetings, and tailgate meetings.
10. Attends appropriate meetings including preventive maintenance meetings.
11. Attends appropriate Union meetings and is able to justify managerial actions to employees, Union Stewards, and Union Leaders.
12. Able to back-up or represent the production manager and operations manager as required.
13. Monitors annual production budget set by operations manager.
14. Meets production rates and yield as specified by the operations’ goals.
15. Other duties as assigned.